At Action Plan Ministries, we’re ALL about the action. We write about it, coach it and subscribe to it with all our hearts!
But it occurred to me the other day that we might be overlooking a crucial step necessary BEFORE the action can take place. What are we missing?
I believe we’re ignoring the prompt that something is wrong. Or that something isn’t quite right. How can we take action when we don’t ‘see’ the status quo we’ve accepted or the flat line which has become the norm?
Sometimes we NEED a NUDGE. We are overwhelmed, tired or in denial. On occasion, we’re just simply blind to it. Have you ever had instances where your friends and family knew something was wrong but you didn’t even realize it? We don’t always clue in from the inside out, BUT we can use the things we think, feel and say over and over again as evidence of the problem lurking within.
For instance, consider these examples:
- I’m just not happy.
- I don’t have enough time to get everything done.
- My energy level is at an all-time low.
- I don’t earn the income I desire.
- My kids and I don’t have a good relationship
- I don’t want to go home at the end of the day
- My spouse and I don’t communicate anymore.
These are statements but how much more effective would they be as questions? We get so caught up in the infinite cycle of stress and despair that we don’t pay attention to what we are actually saying and feeling. It’s like a bad habit that just continues unchecked and unchallenged.
#ifnotwhynot? is about developing AWARENESS.
Give it a try and see what I mean. Add #ifnotwhynot? to the end of each statement:
- I’m just not happy. #ifnotwhynot?
- I don’t have enough time to get everything done. #ifnotwhynot?
- I don’t want to go home at the end of the day. #ifnotwhynot?
You get the idea…
What happens to your complaint? Your dilemma? Your heartache if whatever is weighing you down and holding you in bondage gets ADDRESSED and not just repeatedly ANNOUNCED? Action happens and change takes place. Asking the question may not immediately solve the problem, but it’s always a step in the right direction. Isn't it worth a shot?
What goes through your head on a regular basis? What isn’t as you’d like it to be?
Fill in the blank:
I don’t feel _______________________________________
I am not _________________________________________
Now follow each one with #ifnotwhynot?
This is truly the first step in change. Empower yourself to make a difference. Aren’t you tired of living with the same old disappointments? Aren’t you fed up with succumbing to the ‘it is what it is’ or ‘I don’t have a choice’ mentality. Honestly, I call bull on this. (Yup I said it – BULL!)
“Change occurs when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of changing” (Alcoholics Anonymous)
Enough settling, enough pain, enough sadness, enough frustration, enough regret.
Get in the habit if recognizing what needs to be dealt with by asking yourself on a regular basis:
When you get your why, you’ll be ready to take action!
So what is this campaign all about?
- Remember to ask #ifnotwhynot? ! Post our downloadable ecard on your fridge, mirror, desk, car dash, etc. to remind yourself the importance of awareness and action.
- Share the downloadable #ifnotwhynot? ecard with family and friends. Post it, tweet it, email it. Help us spread the word and initiate healing and restoration to those who are in a rut and need help moving forward.
We also offer free resources to help you in this endeavor:
Print the #ifnotwhynot? ecard from our FREE GIFTS page. CLICK HERE.
For help with your Action Plan, CLICK HERE.
For a life coach to hold you accountable, assist you with your Action Plan and encourage you ever step of the way, CLICK HERE.
If you truly want to change things for the better, help is HERE. Ask #ifnotwhynot? and let’s get to work!